Personality at Work
This INSET can be for all staff in your school, whether that’s 10 or 110!
Why did you do that? Why didn’t you say what you were thinking? How did you come to that decision? Through a series of fun and interactive activities you’ll explore dynamics in interpersonal relationships. You’ll have an opportunity to understand your personality preferences and to consider other people’s preferences too.
The INSET introduces staff to the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI ©) which can have a powerful impact on how we interact with other people. You will find out more about personality in the context of:
- Personal energy and motivation
- Gathering information and developing ideas
- Decision making
- How you structure your life
The MBTI© talks about the unique gifts each type has. By understanding these gifts staff can have a greater impact as individuals, as team members and on the school.
At the end of the INSET staff will have:
- The results of their Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI®)
- A deepened sense of their own personality and’ preferred ways of doing things’
- Simple and practical guidance on how they affect and are affected by the approaches of other people
- Reflected on themselves as effective members of staff in your school
- Considered some practical ideas for future development to enable them to be more effective in their practice.
You can find out more about the MBTI© by clicking here